Building    From 1775 

Freemasons' Tavern

Categories: Commerce, Food & Drink

The first, 1775, building (in the picture) was replaced by a four storey building in 1803. It was rebuilt again in 1864 by the Freemasons who, in 1909, renovated it and changed its name to the Connaught Rooms in honour of their then Grand Master, the Duke of Connaught and Strathearn

Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Freemasons' Tavern

Commemorated ati

Football Association

The Football Association was formed on the proposal of Ebenezer Cobb Morley a...

Read More

Geological Society of London

Geological Society of London 13 November 1807, the first geological society ...

Read More

Other Subjects

Fyffes Group Ltd

Fyffes Group Ltd

Trader at Covent Garden Market at its original site.

Group, Commerce

1 memorial
Barney Springer Ltd

Barney Springer Ltd

Trader at Covent Garden Market at its original site.

Group, Commerce

1 memorial
John Pierpont Morgan

John Pierpont Morgan

International banker and philanthropist. Inherited a fortune from his father Junius S. Morgan and then made so much more that his wealth was only exceeded by John D. Rockefeller and Andrew Carnegie...

Person, Commerce, Philanthropy, Italy, USA

1 memorial
Finlays

Finlays

From Finlays we learn that: James Finlay (d. 1790) began his career in Glasgow in the family textile business selling cotton goods. He moved into embroidered muslins and also manufacture. His son K...

Group, Commerce, Food & Drink, Gardens / Agriculture, Africa, Scotland, Sri Lanka

1 memorial