Oranjehaven
This building served as a club endowed in 1942 by Her Majesty Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands for Dutchmen having escaped from their occupied country to join the Allied Forces.
Site: Oranjehaven (1 memorial)
W2, Hyde Park Place, 23
Oranjehaven
This building served as a club endowed in 1942 by Her Majesty Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands for Dutchmen having escaped from their occupied country to join the Allied Forces.
W2, Hyde Park Place, 23
This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Oranjehaven
A club for Dutchmen who had escaped their occupied country to join the Allied...
This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
Oranjehaven
Queen (in her own right) of the Netherlands 1890 - 1948, the longest reign of...
Parachute mines were used in the early 40s; the end of the war was characterised by the use of V-1s and V-2s. Parachute mines are recorde...
Andrew Lang, 1844 - 1912, man of letters lived here in 1876 - 1912. London County Council
We find this building puzzling since in some ways it looks more modern than those around but it retains many characteristics that suggest...
The plaque is actually located on the side of the house in Beaufort Street. See the other Munnings plaque.
The architects of the 1933 building were Mewes & Davis (inscribed on a stone near the entrance), and of the 1964 building, Julian Sof...
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them