Designed by Lewis Cubitt. Took the name from the area which had taken it from a statue of Geoge IV that once stood at the junction of Pentonville Road, Euston Road, Gray's Inn Road and Caledonian Road. It was demolished in 1845 but the area retained the name. Discovering London queries the apostrophe in the station name.
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
King's Cross Station
Commemorated ati
King's Cross Station
King's Cross Station - Lewis Cubitt (1799 - 1883) architect. The station was ...
Other Subjects
Ford Motor Company
Founded by Henry Ford in Detroit. The company opened in Britain at Dagenham in 1931, but production here has been greatly downsized.
Marcial Echenique
Professor of Land Use and Transport Studies and Dean of Architecture at Cambridge. Born Chile. Awarded an OBE in 2009.
Transport for London / London Transport
This organisation has been a bit of a political football, often having its name changed, as follows: 1902 - 1933 Underground Electric Railways Company of London 1933 - 1948 London Passenger Transpo...
Walham Green Station
Walham Green station originally served the Metropolitan District Railway's extension from West Brompton to Putney Bridge. The first station was opened in March 1880 (see the Picture source for a p...
Previously viewed
Fishmongers' Almshouses
SW18, East Hill, East Hill Estate
The gateway piers bear the inscriptions 'London County Council' on the left and 'East Hill Estate' on the right. The blue plaque on the ...
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them