Church. Originally a small chapel built outside the walls of Barking Abbey. Altered and enlarged in the 15th and 16th centuries. Captain Cook was married here in 1762.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk
Church. Originally a small chapel built outside the walls of Barking Abbey. Altered and enlarged in the 15th and 16th centuries. Captain Cook was married here in 1762.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
St Margaret's Barking
Barking Abbey Was founded by St Erkenwald in the year 666. Destroyed by the D...
Baptist pastor. Born Northamptonshire. Pastor at Goat Yard Chapel, Horselydown and/or the Baptist meeting-house in Carter Lane. In different sources we have read that Gill was succeeded in both ...
Founder of The Royal Literary Fund. Born Caerphilly. Dissenting minister, writer and teacher. Friend of Garrick, Benjamin Franklin, Voltaire. Visited France a few times during their 'troubles' an...
Probably born in Dorset. Clergyman who worked at St Dunstan in the West, Westminster Abbey, and St Margaret's Westminster. Also spoke before the Houses of Parliament. Buried Westminster Abbey. Whe...
Rector of St Clement Danes in the Strand. The lady beside the Rector in the picture is his daughter, Louie who had a sad end.
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them