Dating back to at least 1331, the church was destroyed in the Great Fire after which the parish united with that of St Margaret Pattens, in 1670 and then in 1954 was included in that of St Edmund the King Lombard Street.
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
St Gabriel Fen(church)
Commemorated ati
Gilt of Cain - Slave trade
This sculpture, 'Gilt of Cain', was unveiled by Bishop Tutu in commemoration ...
St Gabriel Fenchurch
In the roadway opposite stood St Gabriel Fenchurch, destroyed in the Great Fi...
St Gabriel Fen churchyard
The modern information board above adds nothing of historical interest.
Other Subjects
Friars of the Holy Cross, Crutched Friars
Their odd name is just a corruption of 'Crossed', a reference to the red cloth cross which they wore on their garments. The Crutched Friars House in the City was founded at the end of the 13th cen...
All Hallows Staining
"Staining" indicates stone-built, as opposed to all the other All Hallows churches in the City which were of wood. All that is left is the tower of the second church on the site, built about 1320. ...
John Gill, DD
Baptist pastor. Born Northamptonshire. Pastor at Goat Yard Chapel, Horselydown and/or the Baptist meeting-house in Carter Lane. In different sources we have read that Gill was succeeded in both ...
John Primatt Maud, Bishop of Kensington
Bishop of Kensington 1911 until his death. John Primatt Maud was born on 13 June 1860 in Tranmere, Cheshire, a son of the Reverend John Primatt Maud (1823-1899) and Fanny Elizabeth Dorothy Maud né...
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them