The Vestry of Bermondsey was incorporated in 1855. In 1889 it became part of the County of London and then in 1900 the Vestries of Bermondsey and Rotherhithe were joined to form the Metropolitan Borough of Bermondsey. In 1965 that was abolished and the area became part of the London Borough of Southwark.
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Bermondsey Borough Council / Vestry
Commemorated ati
Guy Street Park
Guy Street Park Originally open fields, the land on which most of Guy Street ...
St Olaf House - plaque
The "recreation ground in Tanner Street, SE1" is Tanner Street Park.
This section lists the memorials created by the subject on this page:
Bermondsey Borough Council / Vestry
Creations i
Ada Salter Garden - tree
The inscription's date of birth for Ada contradicts that of reputable sources...
Bermondsey garden
St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey. This churchyard was conveyed to the Vestry of ...
Other Subjects
John T. Winkworth
Honourable Secretary of the Limehouse Library in 1900.
Admiral Thomas Howard, 1st Earl of Suffolk
Naval officer and administrator. Born, son of Thomas Howard and Margaret Dudley, the heir of Thomas Audley, Baron Audley of Walden. Proved himself at sea, mainly fighting the Spanish, and then an...
Shire of Mornington centenary
Created as New Mornington it was renamed on 19 January 1894 as the Shire of Mornington.
Landkreis Gottingen
Landkreis Gottingen (District of Gottingen) in Germany is twinned with Hackney Council.
Josiah Gunton
Architect. specialist in non-conformist churches. Born in Cambridgeshire. By 1881 he was living in Hackney. He was articled to Gordon and Lowther architects and became a partner in 1885. His son W...
Previously viewed
Christ Church Charity School, Spitalfields
From British History online (mainly): In 1708 a charity school started in Spitalfields, the boys somewhere in Brick Lane, the girls somewhere in what is now Princelet Street. In 1782-3 a new school...
St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, churchyard garden
Churchyard closed for burials and given to the Vestry of Bermondsey on 17 May 1882, it was opened to the public on 28 February 1883.
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them