Brightwen Binyon
Ipswich-based architect. Born Manchester, Brightwen being his mother's maiden name. 2nd cousin once removed of Lawrence Binyon. Trained under Alfred Waterhouse. Exhibited at the Royal Academy 1887-...
Ipswich-based architect. Born Manchester, Brightwen being his mother's maiden name. 2nd cousin once removed of Lawrence Binyon. Trained under Alfred Waterhouse. Exhibited at the Royal Academy 1887-...
One of the oldest building preservation trusts in the United Kingdom. It was founded by members of the newly-formed Blackheath Society as an independent and separate property company. Its original ...
Architect. Born Morpeth, Northumberland. Appointed St Pancras Borough Engineer in 1893 and still in post in 1906. Lived at 23 West Hill. Father of the entomologist, Kenneth Blair. Died Middlesex. H...
Alan John Blanc's birth was registered in the 2nd quarter of 1929 in the Edmonton registration district. He was the son of Albert Francis Blanc (1888-1973) and Winifred Evelyn Blanc née Kirtland (1...
She was born as Sylvia Sara Cole and her birth was registered in the 2nd quarter of 1927 in the Willesden registration district. In 1953 she married Alan John Blanc (1929-1995) in Marylebone and el...
Architect, born Arthur Wiliam Blomfield, at Fulham Palace, the son of the Bishop of London. Specialised in church architecture, e.g. St Mary's Parish Hall, Crawford Street. Also designed the Royal ...
Architect, garden designer and author. Born Devon. Followed his uncle, Sir Arthur Blomfield, into architecture. Buildings include: United University Club (1906), south-east corner of Suffolk Stree...
Ecclesiastical architect. Born Hull. George Gilbert Scott was his brother-in-law's brother and encouraged him to take up architecture and took him on as his first pupil. Initially practiced in Br...
Architect. Also designed the Jackson's Lane Methodist church, Highgate and Little Stanmore Church. Active 1889 and 1905. Since we first published this article we have, in November 2024, been con...
In 1887 Bostall Farm was bought by the Royal Arsenal Co-operative Society and run to provide vegetables for the Co-op shops and food for the Society’s horses and pigs. By 1899 it had been decided t...