Queen Elizabeth College Almshouses
Founded by William Lambard to house twenty local, elderly, poor people and entrusted to be run by the Drapers' Company. The original buildings were demolished in 1818, and their replacements were e...
Founded by William Lambard to house twenty local, elderly, poor people and entrusted to be run by the Drapers' Company. The original buildings were demolished in 1818, and their replacements were e...
Coaching Inn. It's origin is uncertain, but in the 15th century it was owned by the Poynings family and was known as the Crossed Keys or Crowned Keys. It may have been renamed in honour of Queen El...
From the website: "QPARA was established by local residents in 1973 as an entirely voluntary organisation keen to preserve the integrity of the conservation area … and that’s what we still do, but ...
An appellation used on plaques erected by Sexual Avengers commemorating sites of gay events/interest.
From Art in the Park: "The North Camberwell Radical Club performed two functions. Firstly, it was a forum for political debate. Secondly, it was a social club for its members. The club band headed ...
A three-storey brick Victorian pub. In the 1950s it was used as a jazz club and by February 1964 an R&B club (the Bluesday) was operating, where played: Long John Baldry, the Bo Street Runners...
Club for the American forces in the UK during WW2. Also known as the American Red Cross Club. This is where those "oversexed, overpaid and over here" GIs hung out. From British History online: The...
Braxton's Coffee House (1702) at no.24 Henrietta Street became Rawthmell's Coffee House in 1715 and later moved to no.25, where the (R)SA first met. The image shows the painting by Anna Katrina Zi...