Our picture is taken from an old map showing London toll gates (black circles), but strangely, nothing appears in Finchley.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk
Our picture is taken from an old map showing London toll gates (black circles), but strangely, nothing appears in Finchley.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Finchley Toll Gate
Near this site was situated a toll gate abolished in 1871. The Finchley Society
A step-free cut through from one side to the other of Norwood Junction Station, connecting Station Road to Clifford Road, was formally opened on 31 July 1912. It is claimed to be the world's first ...
The aircraft had taken off from Cricklewood Aerodrome. At an altitude of approximately 700 to 800ft, all four of the engines were heard to stop, sending it crashing to the ground and catching fire....
The first municipal car park in St Marylebone was unveiled in 1965.
It derives its name from the fact that It was King Charles II’s private road to Kew and wasn’t opened to the general public until 1830. Mary Quant opened her shop ‘Bazaar’ here in 1955. Along with ...
There are 7 "Roman Road"s in the London A-Z, plus various "Roman Way"s, etc. And many more current roads are on routes originally created by the Romans. 2020: Diamond Geezer reported on the Bow Ro...
From Uxbridge Gallimaufry: "Thomas Beasley grew up in Daventry, and later trained for the Congregational ministry. His first pastorate was at Walsall, where he met and married his wife, Phoebe. In ...
Founder of the garden city movement. Born 62 Fore Street. Travelled to America in 1871 where he tried farming and was in Chicago at the time that it was being rebuilt after a great fire. The new su...
Churchwarden, St Pancras Vestry in 1897. Andrew Behan has researched this man: Edward Cox was born in 1838 in St Pancras, London, a son of William James Cox and Mary Ann Cox. His father was a Coal...
It was first formed in Rochford, Essex as a fighter squadron of the British Royal Flying Corps during the First World War and disbanded in 1919. It was reformed in 1937 as a bomber squadron of the ...
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them