Ecclesiastical architect. Born Hull. George Gilbert Scott was his brother-in-law's brother and encouraged him to take up architecture and took him on as his first pupil. Initially practiced in Brighton and then moved to London in 1855. Died at Water Eaton, Oxford.
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
George Frederick Bodley
Commemorated ati
George Frederick Bodley
English Heritage George Frederick Bodley, 1827 - 1907, architect, lived here...
Holy Trinity Church - SW7
The plaque does not make it clear that the early history all took place at an...
This section lists the memorials created by the subject on this page:
George Frederick Bodley
Creations i
Cardinal Newman - statue
On the wall of the Oratory behind there are two sculptured plaques with flowe...
Other Subjects
William Reddall
Architect of 10, South Street, Finsbury. Was an Associate of the Royal Institute of British Architects from 1874. Cheshire Street is just around the corner from Church House. From Hackney "Nos. 2 ...
T. E. Collcutt
Architect. Born Thomas Edward Collcutt, in Jericho, Oxford. President of the Royal Institute of British Architects from 1906 to 1908. He designed the Imperial Institute building in Kensington, the ...
Survey of London
Founded by C. R. Ashbee in 1894, the first volume being published in 1900. With over 28 volumes published so far this is a research work-in-progress aiming to produce a comprehensive architectural ...
Lieutenant Hugh Cecil Benson
Hugh Cecil Benson was born on 3 July 1883 in London at 16, Young Street, Kensington Square, the elder son of Cecil Foster Benson (1857-1934) and Constance Mary Benson née O'Neill.(1860-1935). His b...
Previously viewed
British Film Institute
In 1996 the BFI erected 126 plaques across Britain to commemorate the centenary of cinema. See the pdf.
Fan Makers' Company Hall
The earliest record for the Fan Makers Company is in 1670 when they raised a petition to Parliament complaining about the threat to their industry from foreign imports. The Fan Makers' Hall in Red ...
St George's Tufnell Park
We are as certain as can be, that this church in Tufnell Park Road is the St George's whose Band of Mercy was the donor of the drinking fountain at Limehouse Station. Designed by George Truefitt f...
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them