Founded by the four Fabians: Beatrice and Sidney Webb, Graham Wallas and George Bernard Shaw.
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
Commemorated ati
Dr Elsie Yu Chen Chee
The text is on the brass plaque that can be seen beside St Philip. The cente...
The Adelphi
The Adelphi This building stands on the site of Adelphi Terrace built by the...
This section lists the memorials created by the subject on this page:
London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
Creations i
Other Subjects
Grey Coat Hospital Foundation
This is a charity supporting five schools including the Grey Coat Hospital in Greycoat Place. See Grey Coat School for more information.
Janet Johnson
Welfare worker. All we can find out about her is contained in her plaque in Redcross Street where she lived. She was the manager of the Central London School for Orphans and Destitute Children at H...
Bushra Nasir
Studied at Queen Mary University and in 1997 became the first Muslim headteacher of a state school, Plashet School for Girls in East Ham.
Margaret McMillan
Socialist propogandist and educationalist. Born at Throgg's Neck, Westchester county, New York. Both her parents were from Scotland, and the family returned there when her father died. She attended...
One Tun Ragged School
The One Tun pub in Perkins Rents was in the infamous area known as the Devil's Acre. The whole area was disrupted and much of it demolished to construct Victoria Street, which opened for use in 185...
Previously viewed
Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
The following text came from The RSPCA site: "In 1822, Richard Martin MP piloted the first anti-cruelty bill giving cattle, horses and sheep a degree of protection through parliament. ‘Humanity Dic...
first thoroughfare under a navigable river in the world
See Brunel's Thames Tunnel.
Pimlico Wesleyan chapel / Holy Apostles, Claverton Street
Built in 1852 as a Methodist Wesleyan chapel with seats for 1,000. In 1917 the building was acquired and adapted for Catholic use as the Holy Apostles church, a chapel of ease, served by clergy fro...
men of the Parish of Our Lady of Willesden killed in WW2
men of the Parish of Our Lady of Willesden killed in WW2
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them