Bethnal Green was formed as a civil parish from the Bethnal Green hamlet in Stepney ancient parish. 1889 it became part of the County of London. 1900 it became a metropolitan borough. 1965 it was abolished and merged into the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. See Simon de Montfort for an explanation of the image.
This section lists the memorials created by the subject on this page:
Metropolitan Borough of Bethnal Green
Creations i
Bethnal Green Library war memorial
On our first visit there was no plaque, but the 'ghost' marks on the plinth s...
Bethnal Green Town Hall
Borough of Bethnal Green This stone was laid Sept. 23rd 1909 by the Mayor A. ...
Diss Street re-housing scheme
Metropolitan Borough of Bethnal Green Diss Street Re-housing Scheme This comm...
Lenin Estate / Parmiter Street Housing
Metropolitan Borough of Bethnal Green Parmiter Street Re-housing Scheme This ...
Rogers Estate
The bronze of the plaque is so dulled that it does not photo well, all except...
Other Subjects
George F. Oakshott
Church warden of Holy Trinity, Sloane Square in 1889.
Don Cook
St Pancras Rent strike: In 1960 the Tory council of the old borough of St Pancras (now part of Camden) attempted to impose large rent increases. The tenants, the generation who had fought in WW2, ...
Alderman Michael Savory, Lord Mayor
Lord Mayor in 2005.
Mary Elizabeth Sumner
Founded the Mothers’ Union in 1876. Born as Mary Elizabeth Heywood in Lancashire. 1848 she married George Henry Sumner, son of C. R. Sumner, Bishop of Winchester, and a second cousin of William Wi...
Previously viewed
Arts Council of England / Great Britain
1940 the Committee for Encouragement of Music and the Arts (CEMA) was set up by Royal Charter. About 1946 it became the Arts Council of Great Britain and in 1994 it was split into national bodies,...
Hackney Wick youth who served in WW2
The youth of the Hackney Wick district who served under the leadership of Winston Churchill.
Dudgeon's Wharf explosion - oblong plaque
E14, Sextant Avenue, Thames Path
The unveiling of this plaque was reported in the East London Advertiser of 24 December 2009. Andrew Behan has researched the names on th...
Wimbledon Society / John Evelyn Society
Founded by Richardson Evans and others, to 'safeguard the amenities of the Wimbledon district and to promote an interest in local history and wildlife'. It was originally known as the John Evelyn C...
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them