Greater London Council
This house was built for Augustus John, 1878 - 1961, painter.
Site: Augustus John (1 memorial)
SW3, Mallord Street, 28
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk
Greater London Council
This house was built for Augustus John, 1878 - 1961, painter.
SW3, Mallord Street, 28
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk
This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Augustus John
Augustus Edwin John was born Tenby, Pembrokeshire. Painter, draughtsman and e...
This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
Augustus John
Replaced the LCC. The GLC was abolished, some say, because Mrs Thatcher could...
The Queen was busy that day in 1869, opening two bridges, the other being Holborn Viaduct.
English Heritage Sir Harry Ricardo, 1885 - 1974, mechanical engineer was born here.
Greater London Council Sir Henry Dale, 1875 - 1968, physiologist, lived here.
John Ortelli Founded 1884 Rebuilt 1898 This hospital.
The plaque was not there when we first visited the site. We have returned several times over the years in case a replacement has been ere...
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them