Site of the Hall of the Worshipful Company of Joiners and Ceilers, 1603 - 1796.
City of London
Site: Joiners' and Ceilers' Hall (1 memorial)
EC4, Upper Thames Street
Site of the Hall of the Worshipful Company of Joiners and Ceilers, 1603 - 1796.
City of London
EC4, Upper Thames Street
This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Joiners' and Ceilers' Hall
First recorded in 1375 as the Guild of St. James, Garlickhythe, the Worshipfu...
This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
Joiners' and Ceilers' Hall
The municipal governing body of the City of London. Officially the 'Mayor and...
This garden acquired its name due to its popularity as a lunchtime garden with workers from the nearby General Post Office (long gone). ...
Martin Shaw, O.B.E., 1875 - 1958, composer, quiet revolutionary of English music lived here. Lissenden Gardens Tenants Association Awards...
Sir Charles Santley (1834 - 1922) singer, lived and died here. L.C.C.
Opened in 1754 as the burial ground for St Andrew's Holborn but full and closed by 1850. The site now occupied by the splendidly Art Deco...
The plaque is a perfectly nice pub plaque but the pub is adorned with many lovely art nouveau images, in metal and stone, of monks either...
American statesman. 1783 signatory for the Treaty of Paris.
The plaque gives Cook's address as 126 Upper Shadwell. Horward's 1799 map gives house numbers, and 126 Upper Shadwell was on the north s...
The two farm workers in this image are taken from George Stubbs' Haymakers of 1785 at Tate Britain.
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them