Plaque

Stanley Trade School

Inscription

The original Stanley Trade School, opened in 1907 by William Ford Stanley, as a gift for South Norwood.

Site: Stanley Trade School (1 memorial)

SE25, South Norwood Hill, Harris Academy South Norwood

The marble plaque that you can see in our photo, beneath the green one, reads: 'William Stanley Enterprise Centre Harris Academy South Norwood'.

These buildings were designed by their funder, W. F. R. Stanley, as were Stanley Halls, next door to the right, south.

Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of plaquesoflondon.co.uk

Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Stanley Trade School

Subjects commemorated i

William Ford Robinson Stanley

Inventor, manufacturer and philanthropist. Born William Ford Robinson Stanley...

Read More

Stanley Trade School

Founded by W. F. R. Stanley as the Stanley Technical Trade School. It was tak...

Read More

Nearby Memorials

Charles Edward Ives

Charles Edward Ives

W1, Half Moon Street, 17

In the photo the plaque is above the snowman's head. One doesn't get to say that very often.

1 subject commemorated
Guilders Stone

Guilders Stone

NW1, Canal tow path, Camden High Street

The phrase "Guilders Stone" has not been explained, other than a suggestion that it originally read "Builders Stone" and that a 1990s ren...

1 subject commemorated
Eric Sykes

Eric Sykes

W2, Orme Court, 9

Sykes' family unveiled this plaque just 3 days after the first anniversary of his death. A plaque for Spike Milligan (unveiled by Sykes)...

1 subject commemorated, 1 creator
Lockerbie bench - 16 - Velimirovich

Lockerbie bench - 16 - Velimirovich

TW9, Kew Gardens

We have numbered these 17 plaques, anti-clockwise, starting from the plaque for the whole crew which faces the water. Oddly, the last two...

2 subjects commemorated
Isleden House - 1

Isleden House - 1

N1, Prebend Street, Isleden House

From City of London : "Isleden House was built in 1948 by the Trustees of the London Parochial Charities. In 1953 the Trustees conveyed t...

1 subject commemorated, 1 creator

Previously viewed

St Dunstans WW1 cross

St Dunstans WW1 cross

E1, Stepney High Street, St Dunstans and All Saints

The Celtic cross is decorated with twisted rope in the arms with 'IHS' at the centre - see the Teddington Cross for more information on t...

2 subjects commemorated