Built in 1908 as flats with workrooms for tailors. It was purchased for improvement by the Soho Housing Association in 1978 and after extensive renovation work was opened in 1980.
Architects:
1908 Harold A Woodington
1978 Peter Mishcon and Associates.
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Royalty Mansions
Commemorated ati
Royalty Mansions
Royalty Mansions was built in 1908 as flats with workrooms for tailors. It w...
Other Subjects
35 St Martin's Street
Three storey terrace house. Lived in by Isaac Newton 1710 - 1725, although he owned it until his death in 1727. When it was demolished the panelling of the front parlour was reconstructed as the Is...
Fawcett house in Vauxhall
From Friends of Vauxhall Park: "In 1725 Edward Lovibond of St James, Clerkenwell, bought the Carroun estate. The Lovibonds let part of the estate, subsequently known as The Lawn, to James Gubbins a...
124-126 Cheapside
This image shows the row before 1902 when Wood Street was widened and the east-most shop was demolished. The picture source, London's Historic Shops and Markets, writes: "Built in 1687 following th...
The Foundation Company Ltd
Contractors who built 55 Broadway. We found some references to a company of the same name building skyscrapers in the United States but it may be a totally different company.
St Marylebone Almshouses
Funded from Count Woronzow's will. Built in 1836 and then re-built on the same site in 1965. Occupy the west corner at the junction of St John’s Wood Terrace and Woronzow Road. Lots more info at...
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them