Group    From /8/1964 

Vanguard

Categories: Commerce

Vanguard Storage Services Ltd is a privately owned and family run business. Vanguard was formed in August 1964 to provide Industrial Moving and Storage services. The company's founder has collected odd, large objects - see Hogarth lost plaque.

Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them

This section lists the memorials created by the subject on this page:
Vanguard

Creations i

Brunel - E14

This text is ambiguous about where the photo was taken: at this site or at th...

Read More

Other Subjects

Marshall Amplification

Marshall Amplification

A company that specialises in the design and manufacture of  music amplifiers and speaker cabinets. Founded by Jim Marshall, and now based in Bletchley, Milton Keynes. See Jim Marshall for how the ...

Group, Commerce, Engineering, Music / songs

2 memorials
James Hall (Co-op)

James Hall (Co-op)

Worked for the Royal Arsenal Co-operative Society. Was Assistant Manager of the Abbey Wood branch in 1900 and Manager in June 1912.

Person, Commerce, Politics & Administration

2 memorials
Worshipful Company of Fruiterers

Worshipful Company of Fruiterers

1292 -  first reference to ‘Free Fruiterers’.  First charter in 1606.  Their shield shows Adam and Eve with that first piece of fruit.

Group, Commerce, Liveries & Guilds

5 memorials
Samuel Palmer

Samuel Palmer

1857 joined his brother, George, in the family biscuit firm, Huntley and Palmers, based in Reading. Ran the London office and lived with his family in Hampstead in a house close to the site of the ...

Person, Commerce, Food & Drink, Industry

1 memorial
Jonathan Tyers

Jonathan Tyers

Born on Bermondsey Street. Initially worked in his family's wool, skin and fur business. In 1729 he acquired the lease for what would become Vauxhall Gardens and transformed it into a successful, f...

Person, Commerce

1 memorial

Previously viewed

The Retreat, Peak Hill, Sydenham

The Retreat, Peak Hill, Sydenham

George Baxter's wife was living here in 1865 when he joined her and stayed until his death here in 1867.  By 1894 it had been renamed Leahurst.

Building, Property

1 memorial