Possible original owner of what was to become Palingswick House.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk
Possible original owner of what was to become Palingswick House.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Barnabas Steel
Palingswick House was built in the mid 19th century as a private residence, p...
In 1891 C. R. Ashbee moved the workshops of the Guild of Handicraft from 34 Commercial Street to Essex House, at 401 Mile End Road, an early eighteenth-century mansion. The guild prospered at Essex...
Built 1796 by property developer James Burton, who probably lived here while developing the surrounding area. The 1834 Davies & Bartlett map (bottom right corner) shows the house surrounded by ...
Company Secretary of the Planet Building Society. c.1871 he demolished the old Friary House and built the present house in which he lived until his death. British History Online details some prop...
Based at 308 - 312 Brixton Hill. Brixton Buzz has an article about their premises with this 1960s photo. Note that "Maxwell" is also on the high bar across the side alley confirming they operated ...
The picture source website points out: The house at which this caller is visiting is No. 11, and there is a brass plate on the door bearing the words "G. Baxter, Offices No. 12".
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them