A coaching inn. From British History: "Burnt in the {1666 Great} Fire and rebuilt. Rebuilt about 1830-1 as the Queen's Hotel. Demolished 1887. The inn is said to have derived its name from the sign of the Boulogne mouth or harbour (captured by Henry VIII}, of which the present form is a corruption. The site is now occupied by some of the new General Post Office Buildings, erected 1890-5."
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Bull and Mouth Inn
Commemorated ati
Bull and Mouth Inn - at Museum of London
The bull is easy to see but the mouth, and face, are easily missed. Seems li...
Bull and Mouth Inn - St Martin's le Grand
Site of the Bull and Mouth Inn, demolished 1888. The Corporation of the City ...
Other Subjects
route to market via Hackney
The route to Bishopsgate can still be seen clearly on a current map, wending its way fairly directly via roads and footpaths from Mare Street Narrowway down to Virginia Road which, prior redevelopm...
Anchor / Barclay Perkins Brewery
Thrale.com states that the Anchor name was acquired during Child's ownership, since he supplied the navy with "masts, yards and bowsprits as well as stores and beer." Wikipedia gives the early lif...
Jonathan’s Coffee House
Founded by Jonathan Miles in Exchange Alley around 1680. In 1698 John Castaing posted a list of prices for stocks and commodities. And so traders who were expelled from the Royal Exchange used Jona...
London Stock Exchange
1698 At Jonathan’s Coffee House John Castaing published a list of currency, stock and commodity prices It included prices for gold, ducats, silver staters and pieces of eight. 1773 A more formal...
Previously viewed
Albert Harvey Rapley
Co-partner or employee of the South Suburban Gas Company. Was killed serving in HM forces in WW2.
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them