CGL Rail
The City Greenwich Lewisham Rail Link PLC won the concession for the DLR extension to Lewisham.
The Charing Cross, Euston & Hampstead Railway (CCE&HR) ran from CC to Golders Green and also to (what is now known as) Archway. In 1912 it was extended south to Embankment. Then in the ea...
IanVisits has reprinted an article from the Illustrated London News about the building of the railway from London Bridge to Charing Cross. The company was formed by the South Eastern Railway Compa...
The original station was built on the site of Hungerford Market and opened in 1864. Londonist's post about the 1905 roof collapse has some fine photos and drawings. The post-modern office building...
Barge builders and repairers. Charles Hay was a Queen's Waterman and a Master of the Watermen's Company. The business is still operational, but part of the building has been converted into flats.
Samuel James Charman was born in Beckenham, Kent, one of the nine children of David Charman (1838-1912) and Sarah Charman née Wilson (184-1920), whose birth was registered in the 2nd quarter of 189...
At the same time that Battersea Park was created the first bridge at its eastern corner was built (shown in the image). This was opened in 1858, as Victoria Bridge, by Queen Victoria on her way to ...
A train operating company owned by Arriva UK Trains. It operates commuter/regional services from its Central London terminus at London Marylebone along the M40 corridor, as well as long distance se...
The world's first underground electric railway, the world's first deep tunnel railway, and the first purpose-built railway tunnel under the Thames. This became what we know as the Bank branch of th...