Place    From 1674  To 1902

Cobley Farm and Fallow Farm

First documented in 1674, at its largest the farmland was bounded by High Road, Ballards Lane, Long Lane, Squire's Lane. The Cobley family owned he farm from 1680 to 1902 when it was sold, the buildings demolished and the land developed.  The picture source is a local history report from 1927.

The Underground Map shows both these buildings on a 1900 map.

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Cobley Farm and Fallow Farm

Commemorated ati

Dickens at Cobley Farm

Returned from his first trip to America Dickens spent some time here in 1842-...

Read More

Grimaldi - N12 - information panel

Joseph Grimaldi Joseph Grimaldi was born in 1778 in London. His father was a...

Read More

Grimaldi - N12 - plaque

Near here at Fallow Corner stood the home of Joseph Grimaldi, actor and famou...

Read More

Joseph Grimaldi - Graywood Court

On this site stood Fallow Cottage, the home of Joseph Grimaldi, actor and fam...

Read More

Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them

Other Subjects

PEER

PEER

From their website: "PEER is an independent arts organisation that has evolved from the ground up over the past twenty years, putting down deep roots within the socially,  culturally and economical...

Group, Gardens / Agriculture

1 memorial
David Bellamy

David Bellamy

Environmental campaigner and botanist.  Brought up in London.  Built up a media career as a protector of the environment.  Initially supported the campaign to raise awareness of man-made climate ch...

Person, Gardens / Agriculture, TV & Radio

1 memorial
Peggy Temple

Peggy Temple

Founder member of the Victoria Park Society.

Person, Community / Clubs, Gardens / Agriculture

1 memorial