Cooks' Hall was built circa 1500, escaped the Great Fire and was rebuilt and enlarged 1674. In 1764 a fire partially destroyed the Hall which was again rebuilt but it was totally destroyed by fire in 1771.
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Cooks' Hall
Commemorated ati
Cooks' Hall - blue plaque
2022: A London Inheritance drew our attention to the stamp and the text below...
Cooks' Hall - bronze plaque
{Below the arms of the Worshipful Company of Cooks:} Cooks Hall was built on...
Other Subjects
Joseph da Costa Andrade
This person's grave was destroyed by a WW2 bomb. The name is on the south-west face of the pedestal. Joseph da Costa Andrade was born circa 1836 in London. He was the fifth of the eleven children ...
Canon Joseph Robinson
Joseph Robinson was born on 23 February 1927, the elder of the two children of Thomas Robinson and Mary Robinson née Wright. His birth was registered in the 1st quarter of 1927 in the Wigan Registr...
Parish Clerks' Hall
The Company of Parish Clerks is, of course, the organisation of Parish Clerks of the City and central London, first incorporated in 1441. And, of course, they needed a hall. 1st Hall: Clerks Place...
Sir Christopher John Benson, OAM, DL, FRICS
Serial Chairman. Chair of the Soho Housing Association in 1990. In view of the number of companies and groups that he's run, we're pretty sure we've got the right man. He was born on 20 July 1933 ...
Person, Armed Forces, Law, Liveries & Guilds, Philanthropy, Politics & Administration
Glaziers Hall
The first Glaziers Hall was in Fye Foot Lane and lost in the Great Fire. Fye Foot Lane (which isn't indexed in any of our modern-day maps) runs between Queen Victoria Street and Castle Baynard Stre...
Previously viewed
Ray Davies
Guitarist, singer and songwriter. Born at 6 Denmark Terrace, Fortis Green, Muswell Hill. One of the founder members of the rock group The Kinks. After the group disbanded he pursued a solo career. ...
Fee Warner
Secretary of TAG, she had been visiting 'The Bolan Tree' since the 24th September, 1977 and had visited regularly since then tidying and checking on the tree's condition.
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them