Building    From 1521 

Innholders' Hall

Categories: Liveries & Guilds

Seven years after they received their first charter from Henry VIII in 1514, the Innholders are recorded as occupying a hall on the present site, beneath which lie the foundations of a Roman quay.  The Hall was destroyed in the Great Fire, rebuilt 1668-74, damaged in WW1, severely damaged in WW2 on 10th May 1941 and fully restored in 1950.

The picture shows the hall in the 1880s, the entrance on College Street which looks the same today.

Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Innholders' Hall

Commemorated ati

Innholders' Hall - 1

This hall was rebuilt 1668 - 1674 after the Great Fire, damaged in World War ...

Read More

Other Subjects

Worshipful Company of Plumbers

Worshipful Company of Plumbers

Ordinances 1365, Grant of Arms 1588. The Plumbers' Hall used to stand in Chequer Yard, where Cannon Street station now stands. The first hall was destroyed in the Great Fire of 1666. Rebuilt, it co...

Group, Craft / Design, Liveries & Guilds

4 memorials
Worshipful Company of Skinners

Worshipful Company of Skinners

Originally an association of fur traders, it is now an educational and charitable institution. It is one of the Livery Companies of the City of London.

Group, Commerce, Education, Liveries & Guilds

1 memorial
John Fettes

John Fettes

John Fettes was born on 24 February 1871 at 5 Warner Street, Southwark, Surrey (now Greater London), the second of the seven children of James Thomson Fettes (1843-1916) and Elizabeth Morrison Fett...

Person, Law, Liveries & Guilds, Politics & Administration

1 memorial