Gunmaker, built premises in 1880 to house his new showrooms and workshops, James Purdey & Sons Ltd. The Picture Source website has a short on-line history and also informs about a book on the subject.
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
James Purdey the younger
Commemorated ati
James Purdey
Westminster City Council James Purdey the younger, 1828 - 1909, gunmaker, bu...
Other Subjects
Caledonian Market
Caledonian Cattle Market, built in 1855 by J. B. Bunning, and demolished after WW2. Caledonian Market was held in the area now partly occupied by Caledonian Park, the large area bounded by what ar...
Hamleys of London
Established by William Hamley as 'Noah's Ark' at 231 High Holborn. Branch at 200 Regent Street opened in 1881. The original shop was destroyed by fire in 1901 and moved down the road to 86-87 High ...
Marshall Amplification
A company that specialises in the design and manufacture of music amplifiers and speaker cabinets. Founded by Jim Marshall, and now based in Bletchley, Milton Keynes. See Jim Marshall for how the ...
Lloyd's of London 1958 building
Occupied the Lime Street, Billiter Street and Fenchurch Avenue block. The second building purpose-built for Lloyds. Designed by Terence E. Heysham in a mannered post-war Classicism style. Attempts ...
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them