First opened on 19 April 1958 at 165 Oxford Street and then in 1964 moved to 90 Wardour Street, where it stayed until 1988. It was at 105-107 Charing Cross Road (a former cinema) from August 1988 - December 1995. It moved quite often after that but seems to have closed for good in 2008. The picture source website is a great resource.
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Marquee Club
Commemorated ati
Montagu Pyke and The Marquee
The Montagu Pyke This is the site of the former 'Marquee Club' which closed i...
Other Subjects
Shepherd's Bush Library
One of a number of libraries founded by the philanthropist John Passmore Edwards. The building fell into disuse after a new library was opened as part of the nearby Westfield London development. It...
South London Fawcett Group
From their Twitter page: South London Fawcett Group is a local group of the Fawcett Society which campaigns nationally for equality between women and men.
Jolly Sailor Inn
Claimed to be the first public building in South Norwood. When it opened there was little else here except for brickworks and farmland.
QPR in the Community Trust
Charity. Founded to use the power of the Queen's Park Rangers football club to forge connections with its community.
Rotary International
An international organisation with the purpose of bringing together business and professional people, to provide humanitarian service, goodwill and peace around the world. It was formed in Chicago ...
Previously viewed
Solomon Tozer
Role on the lost expedition: Royal marine on SS Terror. See John Franklin.
C. S. Forester
SE22, Underhill Road, 58
C. S. Forester, 1899 - 1966, novelist, lived here. English Heritage
Fanny Cradock
An early TV cook. Born at the site of the plaque in Apthorp, as Phyllis Pechey. A double bigamist, she only married her fourth husband Johnny, who appeared on TV with her, when she was 68. A ser...
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them