This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
men of London and North Eastern Railway who gave their lives in WW2
Commemorated ati
King's Cross war memorial - 1. pre-renovations
There are 937 names, listed alphabetically (with a few out of sequence) in 11...
King's Cross War memorial - 2. temporary
{On the broken piece of stone to the upper right:} King's Cross Station conco...
King's Cross war memorial - 3. post-renovations
{On the left side of the rusty information panel:} The war memorial at King’s...
Other Subjects
Joseph Aloysius Hansom
Architect, founder/editor of The Builder and inventor of the Hansom cab. Born York as Josephus Aloysius Handsom(e) into a Roman Catholic family. Made a habit of snatching failure from the jaws o...
Eastern Counties Railway
Railway line, originally intended to link London with Ipswich via Colchester and then onwards to Norwich and Yarmouth. Construction began in 1837 but was beset by engineering and other problems, an...
London and Greenwich Railway
The first steam railway to have a terminus in London. Originally it ran, largely on viaducts, between Deptford and Spa Road Bermondsey. By 1838 it had been extended at both ends: from Deptford to G...
Shoreham Bridge
Suspension bridge over the River Adur in Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex. Designed by William Tierney Clark with Captain Samuel Brown. It was replaced in 1923.
Commander James White
Full name James Keaney White. Took command of HMS Peruvian in October 1814. Sailed to Bermuda and in June 1815 took Major Percy with the Waterloo Dispatch from Ostend to Broadstairs and on into Lon...
Previously viewed
United Kingdom Temperance & General Provident Institution
A life insurance company. From FriendsLife: "The UK Total Abstinence Life was formed in London in 1840 and, as the name suggests, its products were aimed initially at teetotallers. The group grew ...
Metropolitan Drinking Fountain and Cattle Trough Association
Started by Samuel Gurney MP and the barrister, Edward Thomas Wakefield. Founded as the Metropolitan Free Drinking Fountain Association it changed its name to include cattle troughs in 1867. London...
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them