Londonist tells us this restaurant was the venue chosen for the 1920 "the end-of-year dinner of the influential Hampstead branch of the Communist Party of Great Britain", watched closely by British Intelligence.
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Pinoli's Restaurant
Commemorated ati
Magic Circle
The Magic Circle was founded on this site at Pinoli's Restaurant by twenty-th...
Other Subjects
Clayhall Tea House
A popular place of refreshment in the 18th century, in what was then an out of London village. Samuel Pepys records in his diary that he visited Bow, and had eaten a memorable dish of cherries and ...
Leadenhall Market
The meat and fish Market first occupied a series of courts, behind the grand lead-roofed city mansion of Nevill House on Leadenhall Street, in the 14th Century. As early as 1321 it was an establis...
Old Cock Tavern - Fleet Street
From PubWiki: "It was originally established in 1549 on the north side of Fleet Street at No. 190. In the 1600s the pub was called the Cock & Bottle. The original pub closed in 1886 and was dem...
Previously viewed
Herman Alfred Stern
An only child, he succeeded his father as the second Lord Michelham, and on his death the barony became extinct. The photo is from 1922.
Robert Banks-Martin
Architect and East Ham Mayor, 1914-18. Born Norfolk. He visited troops from East Ham on the western front.
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them