First recorded in the 12th century. Destroyed in the Great Fire and never rebuilt. This 1799 map shows the whole site marked as "churchyard". The congregation merged with St Antholin Budge Row. The text on the memorial suggests that the churchyard survived until 1884.
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
St John the Baptist upon Walbrook
Commemorated ati
St John the Baptist upon Walbrook - monument
An unusual and unsuccessful siting of a three-dimensional monument. One face ...
St John the Baptist Upon Walbrook - plaque
The inscription on the upper plaque requires careful examination to read but ...
Other Subjects
William Jenkyn, MA
Nonconformist minister. Born Suffolk. His mother was great-granddaughter of John Rogers. A pro-royalist, he was held in the Tower in 1651 but escaped execution. In 1684 he was again arrested fo...
Harmondsworth Vicarage Hall
Demolished after 1972 which is the date of this photo. Forebears says: "the Vicarage Hall, built in the vicarage grounds for parochial purposes in 1885, at a cost of £500, by the Rev. J. C. Taylor...
Stratford Langthorne Abbey
A Cistercian monastery. Also called St Mary's or West Ham Abbey, one of the largest Cistercian abbeys in England, it existed until the Dissolution of the Monasteries. Although the ruins were pillag...
William Cotton
William Cotton FRS was an inventor, merchant, philanthropist, and governor of the Bank of England 1842-5. He helped build St John's Church Leytonstone in 1833, and 75 other churches in London. He ...
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them