Established in 1541. Rebuilt in 1901. By 1893 the address had changed from 26 Castle Street to 26 Furnival Street.
Source: London Wiki.
Established in 1541. Rebuilt in 1901. By 1893 the address had changed from 26 Castle Street to 26 Furnival Street.
Source: London Wiki.
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
The Castle Pub - EC4
That's what we like, a plaque that doesn't waffle, short and to the point.
Created by Thomas Joplin (1790?–1847) and George Fife Angas (1789 – 1879) as one of the first joint stock banks with a base in London and provincial branches. The London base was at 15 Bishopsgate...
Contact lens manufacturers. Founded by David Cantor. Acquired Nissel Limited in August 2000.
This building was used as a hotel, 'The Pilgrim' until about 1930. It was demolished following WW2 bomb damage. The photo shows the east side and Byron's window was on the first floor, fourth fro...
Worked for the Royal Arsenal Co-operative Society. Was on the building committee for the Abbey Wood branch in 1912.
This dark plaque, only about 3 inches square, is attached to a wooden lifebelt holder which in turn is attached to the base of one of the...
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them