Wesley attended a meeting convened by James Hutton in Nettleton Court, off Aldersgate Street or at 28 Aldersgate Street. Here he felt a "warming of the heart".
Three memorials all erected in slightly different locations by different organisations.
Wesley attended a meeting convened by James Hutton in Nettleton Court, off Aldersgate Street or at 28 Aldersgate Street. Here he felt a "warming of the heart".
Three memorials all erected in slightly different locations by different organisations.
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Wesley's second conversion
{On the west face:} Wednesday May 24 1738 "What occurred .......law of sin an...
The probable site, where, on May 24, 1738 John Wesley "felt his heart strange...
IHS This tablet is erected to the glory of God in commemoration of the evange...
Born Newbury of German parents and worked there briefly. 1643 appointed Prolocutor of the Westminster Assembly, effectively head of the church. Buried Westminster Abbey. When Charles II was restor...
The only Lady Morgan we can find is the Irish novelist Sydney, Lady Morgan (1781? - 1859). In 1833 she spent time in Belgium and then wrote the novel ‘The Princess’ set there, so, it might be her. ...
Landed aristocrat, industrial magnate, antiquarian, scholar, philanthropist, and architectural patron. Born Scotland. His vast inheritance, aged 6 months reportedly made him the richest man (actual...
Born in Aberdeen or Dundee (depending on source). When he was eleven his whole family converted from Episcopalian to Roman Catholic. Parish priest for 58 years of St. Anne's, Vauxhall. Appointed...
We thank Kate Dillon, Knapper's daughter, who has sent this photo and information about her father. Rev. William George Knapper began his working life, 1923-40, in the printing and book binding tr...
Built by the Metropolitan Borough of Paddington Architects’ Department, or the LCC depending on source.
A firm of chartered architects, historic building and planning consultants. Donald Insall was knighted in 2010.
Those killed at Old Palace School are also commemorated (not by name) on a plaque at the site of the original school, although this gives...
The London Borough of Harrow was formed on 1 April 1965 when it took over responsibilities from Harrow Urban District Council that ceased to exist when the borough was transferred from Middlesex to...
On Saturday the 3rd August 1912, the 2nd Walworth Troop of five adults and twenty-four young scouts sailed from Waterloo Bridge for Leysdown on the Isle of Sheppey. They moored at Erith for the nig...
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them