Person    | Male  Died 21/4/1580

William Lambe

1569-1570 Master of the Clothworkers' Company. Three wives but childless which allowed for his philanthropy. 1564-1577 he financed the rebuilding of the Holborn Conduit which, until its demolition in 1746, supplied water to the City from a spring near what is now Lamb's Conduit Street.

Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
William Lambe

Commemorated ati

All Hallows tower and Lambe's Chapel

This is visually just a modern information board but the information is more ...

Read More

William Lambe - EC2

{Between two emblems of the Clothworkers' Company:} 8 - 10 Moorgate This land...

Read More

This section lists the memorials created by the subject on this page:
William Lambe

Creations i

Lambs Conduit pump

Lambs Conduit the property of the City of London this pump is erected for the...

Read More

Other Subjects

Royal Arsenal Co-operative Society

Royal Arsenal Co-operative Society

Retailer. Originally established as the Royal Arsenal Supply Association, by twenty workers from the Royal Arsenal. It was renamed in 1872, and expanded from just being a food retailer, into a vast...

Group, Commerce, Food & Drink

4 memorials
Royal Army Temperance Association

Royal Army Temperance Association

Created by Lord Frederick Roberts as the ArmyTemperance Association by amalgamating two other long-standing temperance associations all based in garrison towns. He also created the ArmyTemperance A...

Group, Food & Drink, Religion

1 memorial
John Edward Sly

John Edward Sly

Chairman of the Smithfield Central Market Sub Committee in 1888.

Person, Commerce, Food & Drink, Politics & Administration

1 memorial
Garraways Coffee House

Garraways Coffee House

Garraway claimed to be the first to sell tea to the public, but not, as far as we can tell, at the Change Alley site, where he moved his coffee house after the Great Fire of 1666, replacing another...

Building, Community / Clubs, Food & Drink

2 memorials
Lady Well

Lady Well

The name was first recorded in the 15th century, and maps of this period show it was located in front of the area now occupied by Ladywell railway station. It was probably a holy well dedicated to ...

Place, Food & Drink

1 memorial

Previously viewed

Daisy Parsons

Daisy Parsons

Marguerite "Daisy" Parsons was born in Poplar as Marguerite Lena Millo. When she was young her parents moved to Canning Town, part of West Ham. Working in a factory showed her how men and women wer...

Person, Gender Issues, Politics & Administration

1 memorial
Newham Council

Newham Council

West Ham was merged with parts of Barking and Woolwich to form the London Borough of Newham in 1965.

Group, Politics & Administration

8 memorials