Son of Sir Ambrose Heal of the Heals furniture shop which was established in 1810. It moved from Rathbone Place to Tottenham Court Road in 1818. Anthony became a director in 1936 and the Chairman in 1953. 1965 awarded RSA Bicentenary medal. After marriage lived at 77 Wellington Court, Wellington Rd, NW8.
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Anthony Standerwick Heal
Commemorated ati
This section lists the memorials created by the subject on this page:
Anthony Standerwick Heal
Creations i
Apollo Inn
An information board near an entrance to the gardens informs: "Euterpe the M...
Other Subjects
original HMV store
Londonist writes: "The building was destroyed on Boxing Day 1937 and reopened in 1939. HMV's flagship store moved (slightly) to 150 Oxford Street, but the old address was reacquired in 2013, and re...
Freemasons' Tavern
The first, 1775, building (in the picture) was replaced by a four storey building in 1803. It was rebuilt again in 1864 by the Freemasons who, in 1909, renovated it and changed its name to the Conn...
Westminster penny post
Westminster office of the penny post and then the two-penny post. The first office of the penny post in London that ran in a dedicated building rather than within a stationer or other business. T...
Henry Ford
American industrialist, business magnate, founder of the Ford Motor Company, and chief developer of the assembly line technique of mass production. By creating the first automobile that middle-clas...
Person, Commerce, Industry, Race Issues, Seriously Famous, Transport
Wimbledon Village Association
From This is Local London: "A new Wimbledon Village Association had been a major contributor to the scheme and had held its first annual general meeting in October 1963." It's possible that over t...
Previously viewed
Deverell-Stone and wife
We think this refers to the businessman Nicholas Philip Deverell-Stone, born 1953, and his wife. Master of the Worshipful Company of Tallow Chandlers. Parents of Mark.
Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
The Surveyors Club was formed in 1792 but the modern group was formed in 1868 at a meeting in London's Westminster Palace Hotel. It received a royal charter on 26 August 1881. Its HQ has been at t...
George Stephen Funnell
For more information about this hero click on the picture of his plaque.
Sir Richard Westmacott
Sculptor. Born Grosvenor Square. One of the Commissioners for the Great Exhibition. His son, with the same name was also a successful sculptor. Died at home at 14 South Audley Street.
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them