There seems to be confusion between this building on St Leonard’s Street, demolished c.1900, and Bromley Hall, which is still extant on the Blackwall Tunnel Approach Road. The normally very trustworthy British History On-line describes “Tudor House, St. Leonard's Street” in detail but the associated pictures are labelled "Bromley Hall" and do indeed depict the building on the Approach Road. Other websites have carried this confusion forward so the knot is impossible to untangle, without going back to some source documents, for which we don't have the resources.
Other Subjects
E. A. Roome & Co Ltd
Builders. Also constructed the 1928 Wilmington Arms, Rosebery Avenue and the 1938 Warner House, Nos 43–49 Warner Street.
1 memorial
3 memorials
The Potteries and the Piggeries
A notorious Victorian slum in Kensington. From the late 18th century this was an area where bricks were made to supply nearby construction sites. As London was developed agricultural activities w...
1 memorial
St Pancras Housing Society
Responsible for, among others, the 1927 Garden Estate in Somers Town. A pamphlet, 'Forever Building;A Short History of the St. Pancras Housing Society 1924-1954' was published in 1955.
1 memorial
1 Devonshire Terrace
Charles Dickens lived here with his family, 1839-51. They had moved here from 48 Doughty Street. The ninth child Dora, was born here and died here in 1851 aged just 8 months. Her mother Catherine w...
1 memorial
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them